Did your Google Places listing drop from Position A?
Hot news guys no one seems to be really aware of this problem yet but you should be as it could affect every single one of you.
My Google Places listing disappeared from Position A?
We got a call from our client who is currently position A for ‘chiropractors Leeds’ his listing has dropped overnight off the first page.
My first thoughts were ‘oh Google you silly bot’ and then normally followed by destroying my keyboard. But instead I kept calm because I have seen this problem before. This time it only seems to affect position A results for some reason, why I don’t know. Maybe the search feature is going to change and position Google Places results might have more of a feature that’s my guess. Or someone at Google spilt their coffee on a server.
What to do if your Google Places listing has dropped overnight off the first page!
- See if you can still find your listing active on Google. If you can that’s a good start. If not could be the other glitch we posted previously but no matter our fix will cure both.
- Go in to your Google Places account and click EDIT
- Click ‘fix incorrect marker location’ then zoom right in and move 1mm so it’s still on the same building.
- The copy and paste the business name back in so delete and paste back in, do the same for website and description.
- Press Submit
- Now if you can see the places listing stats go in to there and write a post in the right hand column.
- This process might have to be done twice to fix.
That’s the Google Places fix for the position A results glitch
This is a very easily resolved issue for Google Places glitches and bugs and cures most things. It wont get rankings from nothing but any bugs it seems to clear out 99% of the time.
We have had to do this for 4 clients this morning who were all back before we even got time to call them. 30 seconds approximately.
If this article has helped you please be kind and talk about it, TWEET, Tag, Google+ share with the world.